SEE WHAT USERS HAVE TO SAY Trustpilot Rating:
4.2 out of 5 from 16,278 reviews“My first time registering a domain. The process was easy and intuitive, with lots of additional information available for those that needed it. Written in lay-person concepts and language. Great pricing. Thank you, Ionos!”“Used a new software for FTP-ing and could not get the connection established. I tried every combination of everything and failed. FINALLY, I established a "Live Chat" with Customer Service Technical Representative, "CHIN", who walked me through a number of options and was able to resolve my issues to MY 100% satisfaction. Thank you.”“Great value! I love the free domains, as well as the low, low prices!! You can't beat those prices! And last but not least, they offer a free trial for nearly every product they have on this website! I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking! Great web hosting site!”“IONOS is the best cheap web hosting for starters and business websites. The company has been in the business for years and offers a lot of features for its customers. The company offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, which is something that I like about it. The customer service is also excellent. I would definitely recommend IONOS to anyone who is looking for a cheap web hosting company.”WHAT DO THEY OFFER?
Ionos (formerly known as 1&1 IONOS and 1&1 Internet) was founded in 1988 and has since grown to become the largest hosting company in Europe, managing over 12 million domains for its 8 million customers across more than 90,000 servers. Ionos promotes itself as "your one-stop shop for online success" and provides a vast array of products necessary for launching and maintaining a website. Here are some examples: WordPress Hosting
- Hosted WordPress makes it simple to launch and maintain a personal website or blog. Ionos claimed to have quicker load times because of its 100% SSD storage, MariaDB optimization, platform optimization, Caching plugin, OPcache, automatic updates, and more. Daily backups, a distributed denial of service (DDoS) shield, and malware protection all contribute to the overall security of your websites. Bloggers, designers, and startups alike can all benefit from this type of hosting. Windows Hosting
- With Ionos Windows hosting, you can use any one of several databases to power your site's backend. Its Windows® Server 2022, ASP.NET 4.8, and.NET 6.0 support, as well as its Geo-redundancy and guaranteed availability, make it an excellent choice for Windows programmers. Dedicated hosting
- If you sign up for dedicated hosting, you get a whole server to yourself. You don't share processing power or bandwidth with anyone else, so you don't have to worry about other users trying to get the same resources as you. As a result, even with heavy workloads, your website will perform well. Ionos' intuitive control panel allows you to manage every aspect of your dedicated hosting package. No server admin is needed, so you can focus on your projects while getting all the benefits of dedicated hardware.VPS Hosting
- If you need a more secure and stable hosting solution but can't afford a dedicated server, virtual private server hosting may be the answer. Fully scalable virtual server with root access, API, unlimited traffic, your choice of a data center, dedicated memory, vCores, and storage for less than the cost of renting an entire server.Cloud Hosting
- Cloud hosting is something that Ionos excels at. Compute Engine, Managed Kubernetes (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery), SMB Digitalization, S3 Object Storage, Backup by Acronis, Private Cloud by VMware, and free 24/7 SysAdmin support are all part of what makes Ionos Cloud a complete solution for cloud computing. And the best part? There are no setup fees, no fixed contract terms, and you receive a $500 starting credit during the 30-day trial period. HOW SECURE IS IT?
Ionos includes built-in security. DDoS protection protects your website from cyber-attacks. They automatically scan websites for malware and other threats and notify you via your dashboard if anything suspicious is discovered. If you accidentally delete or lose some files, you can restore them from six-day backups. In addition, Ionos provides military-grade encryption, two-factor authentication, network transport level multi-tenancy, spam email protection, and other features.IS IT FAST AND RELIABLE?
Your site's indexing on the most popular search engine in the world depends heavily on its loading speed, which is one of Google's most important ranking factors. Nobody likes waiting around on a slow page, and it is Google's responsibility to return only the most relevant results in the shortest amount of time. We found that Ionos's average loading time was 725ms across multiple months of testing, thanks to the combination of its dual-platform technology and the HTTP/2 network protocol. Furthermore, Ionos claims to be available 99.9 per cent of the time. The only reason they don't guarantee a hundred per cent uptime is because of the possibility of natural disasters. So far, the data we've collected over the past several months shows that their availability has been rock solid.EASE OF USE
Instead of using the conventional cPanel, IONOS has developed its own custom backend. In the beginning, it may be confusing and take some time to get used to for those who are familiar with the cPanel, but overall, it is quite simple to use. You can manage domains, SSL certificates, email addresses, site statistics, etc., from the dashboard. Additionally, IONOS has added an enhanced search bar where you can locate settings and switch between products more quickly.PRICING
We really appreciate how simple Ionos' pricing structure is compared to other web hosting services. After the first year, you pay a one-time fee followed by a set monthly fee. At $0.50 per month for the first year, Ionos has one of the cheapest first-year deals of any web hosting company. This price is for their business plan, which includes:
• Unlimited websites
• Unlimited storage
• Unlimited databases
• Enhanced CPU & MEM resources
• Free domain for 1 year
• Free wildcard SSL certificate
• Free professional email
• Daily backup and recovery
• Free 24/7 support
Additionally, Ionos offers an Essential plan that is perfect for a single website, and an Expert plan that is ideal for a number of larger web projects.CUSTOMER SUPPORT
Hosting providers, in particular, should place a premium on providing first-rate customer service. If something goes wrong, you need your website back online as soon as possible. Thankfully, Ionos provides around-the-clock phone support via local numbers in Australia, Argentina, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, the UK, and the US. You can contact them via email or live chat, and they also provide a well-organized FAQ section and user guides.VERDICT
We would suggest this hosting company for any small white-collar enterprise. Their Linux and Windows plans are versatile, reasonably priced, and packed with helpful extras. We also loved that this service included a free domain, SSL certificate, and professional email.
Get Ionos - Optimize your website for maximum success!