SEE WHAT USERS HAVE TO SAY Trustpilot Rating:
4.2 out of 5 from 2,861 reviews“I have used HostGator for years now and would recommend them highly to anyone looking to get a website up and running. Their customer support is outstanding every time! When I have an issue I use the chat feature and usually get a live rep within minutes and they all are very knowledgeable and quickly solve my issues. Also everyone I've dealt with has been very courteous and professional. A true pleasure to work with.”“Its always a pleasure contacting HostGator on issues with my hosting. They are always helpful and kind in all sense of the words. The customer care in my opinion is top notch without a pinch of doubt.”“We have been with Hostgator for more than 10 years. And it's amazing that we have never had any down time and on top of that we were spoilt with excellent, respectful and responsive customer services. The latest was Hosgator reactivating our account for additional 10 days after the initial 11 days grace; this is the height of customer service. For me, Hostgator is the best.”“I have used Hostgator for years. One of its best features is help chat. This service is 24/7. It almost always sorts out issues especially when the user (me) is unsure of a procedure, eg for setting up and propagating a new addon domain, pointing nameservers, propagating, setting up ssl etc”WHAT DO THEY OFFER?
Since its humble beginnings in 2002, HostGator has established itself as a global leader in the web hosting industry. It provides a number of hosting services such as: Shared hosting
- Their shared hosting packages are perfect for low to medium traffic websites that don't need dedicated resources. This service provides space for multiple tenants (websites) on a single server, analogous to roommates in a household. Probably the one you ought to purchase, at least initially.VPS hosting
- If you need more power than what shared hosting can provide, consider upgrading to a virtual private server (VPS). As with shared hosting, a VPS hosting server will house multiple websites, but significantly fewer than those hosted on a shared hosting server. You will pay more for a VPS server, but you will also receive more server power. Dedicated hosting
- Dedicated hosting refers to web hosting plans that offer a dedicated server with dedicated resources to a single client. This type of hosting is ideal for midsize to large organizations with 500 or more employees that manage vast quantities of data. A dedicated server is required if your business has databases, a large inventory/supply chain infrastructure, and hundreds of ecommerce transactions per hour.Cloud hosting
- With cloud hosting, your website's required resources are distributed across multiple servers. The main benefit? Your site is not constrained by physical server limitations, so you can scale resources in real time.WordPress Hosting
- You can install the WordPress content management system (CMS) on any of HostGator's servers. This hosting package provides twice the speed of the competition, advanced security, free migrations, and free SSL certificates.Website Builder
- You can also create professional-looking websites with HostGator. Their website builder is equipped with a flexible drag-and-drop page editor and more than 200 pre-designed layouts. It even has eCommerce capabilities! If you want to launch your site even more quickly, you can utilize their AI-enabled website builder. Reseller Hosting
- A reseller account allows you to launch your own web hosting company, complete with your own domain name, customer service department, and billing system. Behind the scenes, HostGator acts as your supplier, but to your clients, you are the hosting provider, not HostGator. HOW SECURE IS IT?
HostGator provides a free SSL certificate that protects your website domains and encrypts communications between the server and website visitors. They also provide additional security features such as data backup, fraud prevention, and the ability to add SiteLock monitoring to your site. This service will run daily, scanning for potential site breaches or hacks and notifying you immediately if they find one. Overall, HostGator provides a number of powerful security features that aid in the protection of your data. While no guarantees can be made that your data will never be compromised, HostGator's security measures are extremely effective and should be used by all customers.IS IT FAST AND RELIABLE?
HostGator guarantees a 99.9% uptime on their servers. Shared and reseller hosting plans are covered by this guarantee, and if they don't deliver, you may be eligible for a one month credit. That demonstrates their level of faith in their capacity to keep your websites operational 99.9% of the time. In addition, while we aren't crazy about how the majority of HostGator's data centers are located in the United States, we have zero issues with the speed at which their servers respond.EASE OF USE
HostGator is great because it offers a simple, yet powerful user experience, including a modern drag-and-drop website builder and the familiar cPanel interface. HostGator's user-friendly interface and speedy provisioning system make getting started a breeze. We had no trouble navigating the process, and any questions we had were answered promptly via the convenient live chat feature.PRICING
HostGator's hosting plans cover the gamut from DIY to managed, with options like website builders, WordPress, virtual private servers, and dedicated servers. Aside from their own website-building and app-developing platforms, they also host for others, such as Joomla and Magento. You've probably stumbled upon this page in search of shared hosting, so let's examine that option.
Hatchling Plan $2.75/month
• Single website
• One-click WordPress installs
• Free WordPress/cPanel website transfer
• Unmetered bandwidth
• Free SSL certificate
• Free domain included
Baby Plan $3.50/month
• Unlimited websites + everything on the Hatchling Plan
Business Plan $5.25/month
• Everything on the previous two plans +
• Free upgrade to Positive SSL
• Free dedicated IP
• Free SEO toolsCUSTOMER SUPPORT
HostGator has one of the best customer service departments in the industry. Customers can contact the support team via phone, live chat, or ticket-based email support 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Their support portal is also accessible from your hosting dashboard. It's a knowledgebase with hundreds of articles and video tutorials that make it simple to find answers to common questions.VERDICT
Our experience with HostGator was positive overall; they are quick, trustworthy, and secure. It has a quick loading time, an impressive 99.9% uptime, robust security features, and pricing tiers to meet any business's or individual's needs and budget. The best part is that they have excellent support available at all times.
Get Hostgator - Optimize your website for maximum success!